TNT X-Files Revelations Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 years or older, except employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related)) of TNT Originals, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), 20th Century Fox (“20th Century Fox”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, with the Sponsor, “Sweepstakes Entities”). Void wherever prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: From 5:00p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 1, 2008 through 11:59p.m. on July 25, 2008 (the “Entry Period”), Sponsor will conduct a national Sweepstakes promoting the DVD release of the film “X-Files: Revelations” and encouraging participants to enter for a chance to win a prize. To enter, during the Entry Period, a participant must either: (i) log on to the TNT website, located at www.tnt.tv beginning at 9:00a.m. ET on July 2, 2008 and complete and submit the online entry form, including his/her name, address, telephone number (including the area code), e-mail address (if any), and age or (ii) send a standard-sized letter with first-class postage affixed, including the entrant’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if any) and age to : “The X-Files: Revelations Sweepstakes” Entry, 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W., Office #: NC01 0409J, Atlanta, GA 30318. Limit one (1) entry per outer mailing envelope. To be eligible: (i) each online entry must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on July 25, 2008 and (ii) each mail-in entry must be mailed separately and all mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than July 25, 2008 and received by August 1, 2008. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and the prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, postage due entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one (1) entry per person or e-mail address regardless of method of entry, per twenty-four (24) hour period.
3. HOW TO WIN: Fifty (50) grand prize winners (the “Grand Prize Winners”) will be randomly chosen by a representative of TNT on or around August 14, 2008 from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The decision of the judges will be final and binding in all matters. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential Grand Prize Winners will be contacted by U.S. mail, e-mail and/or telephone and must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents required by Sponsor.
4. PRIZES: Fifty (50) Grand Prize Winners will each receive one (1) “The X-Files: Revelations” DVD box set, at an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Twenty-Two Dollars and Ninety-Eight Cents ($22.98) per Grand Prize Winner. TOTAL ARV OF THE 50 PRIZES: One Thousand One Hundred Forty-Nine Dollars ($1149). The potential Grand Prize Winners are responsible for all costs and expenses not expressly provided for above, including, without limitation, additional costs associated with the use of the prize. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the potential Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. TNT will coordinate delivery of the prize to the Grand Prize Winners. The potential Grand Prize Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes (if any) as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants grant Sweepstakes Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residences, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. The potential Grand Prize Winners will each be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release (“Winner Documents”) and return within five (5) business days of issuance of notification. Noncompliance within this time period or failure of a potential Grand Prize Winner to respond to a notification attempt within five (5) days of such attempt may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Grand Prize Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever, including, without limitation any death or disability to Grand Prize Winner relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prize awarded.
6. OFFICIAL RULES OR GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S NAME: For a copy of the Official Rules or the Grand Prize Winner’s name (available on or about September 15, 2008), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage on rules requests) to the following address by November 15, 2008 (Please specify “Official Rules” or “Grand Prize Winner”) – “The X-Files: Revelations Sweepstakes,” 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W. Office #: NC01 0409J, Atlanta, GA 30318.
SPONSOR: TNT Originals, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30318.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of certain companies’ products and services as prizes does not imply participation in, approval of, or endorsement of this Sweepstakes by such companies.
© 2008 TNT Originals, Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.